Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day Twenty

A little frustrating today. I took Bacci to the park to walk around. He's getting so out of shape. :( Don't know if I'm imagining it, but he seems weak in the hind end. Then just walking around he was panting like crazy. I know it doesn't make sense to have him in shape when he's just injured and in pain, but I'm eager to get him on SOME kind of exercise program, even if it's just walking some hills and doing a little 5 minute trot! Twenty days of ZERO exercise and even minimal walking just seems like so much time off. :( I feel like his muscles are going to wither way. LOL He's actually had about 5 more days off than that. I was giving him rest before I took him to the physical therapist and started my countdown. He had laser therapy on Monday and will go again one more time this week. Next week is his regular visit with laser therapy at the end of the week. After that, we'll be gone in SC for about 9 days with no sessions with the physical therapist. Hopefully while in South Carolina he'll get permission to be a little more active. I'm so paranoid now with the leg. Every time he goes to stand up, I'm just staring at the hind legs so scared I'll see more limping. :( *sigh*   We'll get through it. I just need more faith that this will do the trick and he'll come out stronger.... I hope and pray that's the case! If not, ughh... don't even want to go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment