Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day Seven

It's 1:50 am, and so the title of this entry is "Day Seven." The one week mark!! Hopefully that means we are a week closer to Bacci's full recovery! So far I've seen no limping within the last week. We had some vomiting for a number of days, but I think I got that figured out. I stopped giving him bones and cut out the Rimadyl. So far, no throwing up in the past 24+ hours. He's been doing pretty good, except for yesterday when I took him on the balcony. He saw a little dog out on the street and jumped over my lap. :( I was sitting in a chair next to the railing. He's not supposed to be jumping, and so I wasn't very happy about that. It wasn't like he half crawled over me... He jumped. Then when I brought him in the house from one of his short breaks, he was acting like he had the zoomies and was all eager to zoom up the stairs. I fussed at him, put him in a sit, and then he settled down. The week of no activity is starting to get to him. It's been around the low and mid 90's with high humidity, so during the day we are fine with sitting in the house. In the evenings when it gets coolers, I want to go out and play with the dogs.... Will hold tight. I don't want a relapse, and so we will stick with the plan. I sure hope our therapist does us right and can get him back even stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment