Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day Five

Almost at the 1 week mark! Not that it really means anything because it's not guaranteed that he will be all healed up at six weeks. Anyways, the more time that passes with no limping, the better! He's been good. He gets a little silly when I get him out of the crate and sometimes tries to jump, but I'm trying my best to control that. This morning he got on the couch for a minute or two... but given his size, I don't think it was a big deal. He's pretty much spending time in the x-pen and goes for his walks when he goes to the bathroom. Then in the evenings he hangs out with me and chews a bully stick or sucks on his blanket.

I'm reading Christine Zink's, Peak Performance: Coaching the Canine Athlete. Reading it makes me realize how I want to do things a lot differently once he gets better. He needs more down time after intense training, and we need to do more cross training. On top of this, of course, we need to do stretching/strengthening exercises. Just need to get him healthy for now before we can start anything. Praying our next visit on the 22nd shows that his muscles aren't hurting anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment