Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day Seventeen

Yesterday was our first visit back to the physical therapist since he officially started his rest. She said he's looking good! The left groin muscle is doing much better. The right side it still a little sore, but getting better too. She also said his back wasn't that sore either. Yay!! So we have progress!! I can finally start some basic stretching with him. Next week we'll go for a couple laser therapy session. Then in about 10 more days, we have another checkup and will hopefully be able to begin some light exercise rehab work. I'm hoping come September we'll be getting back into our regular training routine. Not sure if we'll be ready for the Sept. trial, but that's ok. I just want him healthy again and able to do our regular French Ring training! I've been freaking over the leg every time he runs a bit or jumps over a chair (like today). I about had a heart attack! I just pray he continues to move forward in his progress and not backward. Our PT told us stories of people who didn't listen to her, did one little activity, and made the dog go all the way back to ground zero with training. I just PRAY that doesn't happen to us! So our plan for the next 7-10 days is to limit exercise to leash walking and stretch his back 2-3 times a day. I'm also planning to start teaching him to lay on his side, both sides, in preparation for his massages that he'll be getting. :) I should also do some scent work with him too.. Anyways, so far so good.. and I'm a bit more optimistic today with all of this. Fingers crossed and we just keep plugging away...

No comments:

Post a Comment