Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day Twenty-Four

It's been a frustrating couple of days. On Thursday Bacci went for some laser therapy. He did really well! The vet was feeling him all around, his groin, back, etc., and he didn't seem to be flinching or anything. She wasn't doing it rough or anything, but before he would have been twitchy just to have somebody messing with his sore spots. She did laser on both sides and spent about 10 minutes on each side. He was looking good! I brought him home and a few hours later he wouldn't stand on his back right leg!!! It's been the back LEFT leg for about three months, but this time it was the RIGHT leg. As usual, like all of the other times, he was laying in his crate sleeping. He was like that a few hours. Then when he sent to stand, he was holding his leg about 3 inches in the air and was whining. I've never seen him whine before. I was so freaked out and soooo upset. I just don't get it. FOUR WEEKS of COMPLETE rest doing everything the vet and physical therapist said, and now the RIGHT leg is bothering him? I know it was sore before now, and the left was feeling better. However, for MONTHS he's been limping on the left leg and not the right. Then I wonder if slipping on the stairs did it. :( But that was before laser therapy, and he was fine during treatment, He didn't show any usual sore spots. He didn't act extra tender anywhere. I was crying after he did this and was extremely upset the rest of the afternoon.

I keep reminding myself that months of sore muscles and pulled muscles can't be fixed over night. If he really did have issues with his muscles back in November, we are looking at maybe 9 months of sore muscles. So I guess 3-4 weeks of rest shouldn't be expected to completely heal him. I've heard of some dogs needing 6 months to heal from this type of injury. I't's just so damn depressing and it's hard to imagine him being 100% back to normal again. I took him to the park today and walked around the baseball field where we usually train. The more I walked around, the more I got depressed thinking that it's been ages since we've been able to do any kind of training. Patience....patience....patience... but I just want to cry right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment